Art and Design Students at CSU Media Arts Festival 2020
2020 CSU Media Arts Festival
We are pleased to announce that Cal Poly SLO was well represented at the 30th Annual CSU Media Arts Festival.
Here is a list of our students and their videos that were included in this year's festival:
Art and Design Students -
- A Piece of Home – Willa Westneat – Art and Design Major (Photo/Video concentration - current student)
- The Encounter – Eva Caisse (Business Major, Media Arts Minor - Graduate 2020)
- Band-Aid Promo – Emmet Ceccanti - Art and Design (Graphic Design concentration -Graduate, 2020)
Students from other Majors at Cal Poly -
- Allstate – Brian Pinder – Interdisciplinary Studies
- Cycle – Vanya Thi Truong, Tatum Xiaojing Yee – Mechanical Engineering
- Fifteen Years – Freddy Bloom – Philosophy
- Immersia Teaser – Jake Douglas – Graphic Communications, Addison Parrish - Business, Gina Arnone - Graphic Communications
In addition, Cal Poly SLO’s Photo/Video Faculty member, Lana Z Caplan, served on the jury helping to select the award winners for this year’s festival.
For more information and some video clips, visit the CSU Media Arts Festival website: https://blogs.calstate.edu/media-arts-festival/
CSU Summer Arts established the Media Arts Festival in 1991 to give talented students studying film, broadcasting, video, screenwriting, and new media within the 23-campus California State University system an opportunity to present their work for critical review. In 2000, the Media Arts Festival expanded its mission to include helping students of the CSU bridge the gap between student and working professional. In an effort to realize its expanded mission, the Festival now includes events geared to helping students of the CSU become better prepared to work in the entertainment and media industries.
A panel of distinguished faculty and industry leaders selects each year’s finalists and winners, and all finalist selections are screened at the festival. Cash prizes and the prestigious CSU Media Arts Festival Award are bestowed on award-winning work