Linh T. Dao
Linh Dao’s creative and scholarly research practice recognizes identity discourses as pivotal in theorizing the development and implementation of creative and emerging technology. Her research interests focus on emigration, immigration, and migration, minority equality and accessibility.
Prior to her appointment at Cal Poly, she was a Specialist Professor at Monmouth University. She has been awarded several design awards, including the Indigo Design Award, the Graphic Design USA Award, and a Creative Quarterly Design Category Award. Her list of clients include American Cancer Society, Nonprofit New York, Rutgers's National Institute for Early Education Research, New York Historic Districts Council, and San Francisco’s GLBT+ Historical Society Museum. Her work has been shown in exhibitions in Germany, Korea, and the U.S., including at the Institute for Art and Innovation in Berlin, Germany, University of Texas at Tyler, and the Imperial Centre for the Arts and Sciences.
Linh has also worked on multi-disciplinary collaborations and grants funded by New York University’s De-cruit, and the University of Texas at Arlington’s College of Liberal Art, improving mental health outcomes for military veterans through theatre and other arts-based modalities.
Linh has lectured and presented on user-centered design approach internationally through United Designs Alliance, and locally at SLO UX Fest and SLO Hacks Lite. She has also developed several art and design workshops, reflecting upon the diversity or lack thereof in the field, one of which was awarded the CSU + Adobe Literacy Initiative Grant in 2020.
Assistant Professor of Graphic Design
Phone: Coming soon
Office: Coming soon
- M.F.A, Visual Communications, University of Texas at Arlington
- B.F.A, Visual Communications, Truman State University
- ART 388 Interaction Design II
- ART 288 Interaction Design I
Teaching and Research Interests
- User Experience and Interface Design
- Interaction Design
- Video Game and Video Game Interface
- Social Art Award & Exhibition, Institute for Art and Innovation, Berlin, Germany
- Maria V. Howard Art Center Juried Art Show, Imperial Centre for the Arts and Sciences, Rocky Mount, NC
- 35TH Annual International Exhibition, Meadows Gallery, University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, TX
- Galex 54 National Juried Exhibition, Galesburg Civic Art Center, Illinois, Chicago
- Mixed Media, Nazareth College, Rochester, NY
- North American Poster Exhibit, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
Awards and Honors
- Gold, Mobile Application and Interaction & Experience, Indigo Design Award
- Gold, Web Design, Graphic Design USA Award
- Runner-up, Graphic Design, Creative Quarterly