Come visit us during Cal Poly's Open House event
Cal Poly's 25th Annual Open House will be held April 12–14, 2018. This event welcomes prospective students, their families, Cal Poly alumni, and the San Luis Obispo community to get a glimpse into life as a Mustang. Art & Design related events are listed below in blue. For more events, view the full College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Open House Schedule.
Thursday, April 12: Campus Preview at Farmer's Market
Friday, April 13: Admitted Students Discovery Day
- 1–2:15 p.m. College of Liberal Arts Welcome: Hear from deans, students and faculty about experiences and opportunities available to students in the College of Liberal Arts. Location: Building 6, Harman Hall
- 2:30–4 p.m. Art & Design Department Welcome: Guests will be escorted by a department representative from the Christopher Cohan Center to the Dexter building. Meet the Art & Design department chair, faculty, current students and staff while learning more about major-specific opportunities and offerings. Department tours of the classrooms and studios will be provided. Don't forget to check out the University Art Gallery's Student Exhibition show! Location: building 34, room 149 (welcome) and room 171 (art gallery)
- 3:30–4:30 p.m. Art & Design's Computing for the Interactive Arts event: Play with underwater creatures or experience the latest hardware of of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality while fighting monsters in an enchanted forest. Enjoy code-driven motion graphics, and animated shorts rivaling the masters of the professional world, all created by cross-disciplinary teams of our most talented artists and engineers. Location: building 34, room 151
Saturday, April 14: Poly Royal Celebration
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Art & Design's Computing for the Interactive Arts event: Play with underwater creatures or experience the latest hardware of of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality while fighting monsters in an enchanted forest. Enjoy code-driven motion graphics, and animated shorts rivaling the masters of the professional world, all created by cross-disciplinary teams of our most talented artists and engineers. Location: building 34, room 151
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Art & Design Color Break: Take a break from Open house craziness, chill out with some color pencils, and discover your inner artist. Location: building 26, room 212B
Open House weekend begins with Campus Preview at Farmer’s Market on Thursday, April 12 from 6PM – 9PM. Explore downtown and experience San Luis Obispo’s world-famous Farmer’s Market. Cal Poly Clubs and Organizations will be present to showcase what they have to offer.
The weekend continues on April 13th for Admitted Students Discovery Day. Friday kicks off with a University Welcome where you will hear from campus leaders and students about their Mustang Legacies. Throughout the day, experience Cal Poly’s “Learn by Doing” philosophy through sessions from your academic college and interactive classrooms and experiences. In the evening, we invite you to engage with other prospective students and current Cal Poly students at Friday Nite Invite. Additionally, parents and supporters are invited to join New Student & Transition Programs for Coffee House to learn about what’s next for new students on their Cal Poly journey.
Finally, join us Saturday, April 14th, as the entire Mustang community comes to campus to Celebrate the Mustang Legacy during “Poly Royal Celebration”. Festivities start with the Poly Royal Parade and continue all day with the Campus Showcase, featuring over 200 clubs and organizations, Dexter Stage, and more premier special events including:
- Truck & Tractor Pull
- Poly Royal Rodeo
- Alumni Wine and Beer Garden (open to all 21 and over)
- A brand new Alumni event to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Open House
Whether you’re a new or current student, family member, community member, or a returning alum, we’re excited to see you at this year’s Open House!