Clubs & Activities
Your college experience is what you make it, so get involved. Research shows that some of the best learning comes from outside the classroom, working with your peers. Art & Design students have a number of clubs and activities available to immerse students in art and art creation. Departmental clubs plan studio, gallery, and museum tours, set up portfolio reviews, and bring industry speakers to campus to extend, diversify, and enrich the learning experience.
- AIGA is Cal Poly's student-run chapter of the professional association for design. The AIGA club attends portfolio reviews in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Santa Barbara as well as design studio tours.
- Club 34 is the department social club. They sponsor barbeques, themed parties, and other events.
- Push Pin is a chance for all Art and Design students to display their work from the quarter. It is a great opportunity to see what everyone else has been working on. Push Pin takes place the last Friday of each quarter before finals. While Push Pin is not a club, it is run by Club 34.
- Field Trips: The Department and Clubs travel to a variety of locations to enhance the art experience.
- Guest Speakers: The department hosts guests speakers from all of the art areas to provide inspiration and knowledge to you. We recommend attending all of the lectures, even if it is outside of your concentration.
- Returning Alumni: Our alumni are amazingly giving with their time and energy. Many come back to speak about their experiences, give demonstrations, and lead workshops based on their real world experience.